Grace Presbyterian Church
- Try to arrive 30 minutes before the service and be dressed appropriately as you will be
representing the church and playing a part in the worship service.
- Make sure the children's activity bags are ready (at least three different color crayons, one
pencil, two pieces of paper or a tablet, no trash from last week and no pens - some supplies are
on the Music and Worship shelf in the secretary's office). Leave extra pads and pencils in the
- Make sure the adult and children's bulletins are available.
- Ten minutes before the service, open the double doors into the sanctuary.
- Hand out both adult and children's bulletins as people enter the sanctuary - smile, be
friendly, and greet everyone.
- Make sure the choir, library, and storage room doors are closed before the service
- After the Minister, liturgist, Acolytes, and the choir have entered, close the outside
doors, the door to the hallway, and all but one of the doors into the Sanctuary.
- Once the first hymn has started, you may close the remaining door and take a seat.
- When it is time to collect the offering, go to the Narthex and retrieve the collection
plates. Form up two abreast at the back of the Sanctuary and walk down the center aisle to the
- If you have an usher younger than ten, please have an adult accompany them on their side.
- Each usher collects from one side of the Sanctuary starting at the front, center aisle and
working towards the rear.
- Next start at the front of the side aisles (choir included) and work towards the back.
- Count the number of people in the Sanctuary (or each usher count a side), either while
collecting or standing at the back. Write the total on the provided form (usually in the
collection plate prior to collection). This total should include the Minister, liturgist, choir,
organist, and the ushers.
- One usher needs to walk back to the nursery and count the number of children and nursery
workers and count the number of kids and teachers in churchtime. Write these totals on the
- Wait at the back of the Sanctuary, formed up two abreast, until the congregation begins to
sing the Doxology, then walk to the front of the Sanctuary. Someone will take the collection
plates from you.
- If communion is to be celebrated, Acolytes should form up behind you with the
- Return to your seat.
- Pickup any bulletins, papers, kid bags, or communion cups left in the Sanctuary.
Music and Worship Team